VIP Window Tinting
Car Window Tinting Available Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Australia Wide
Vip Car Care’s quality and affordable window tinting service for cars, trucks and buses protects you and your vehicle from the sun, while improving its appearance.
Benefits of window tinting
Window tinting offers a range of aesthetic and functional benefits that makes it a popular feature for many cars. Window tinting:
- Improves the attractiveness of your car
- Blocks up to 99% of the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays that can accelerate skin aging and cause skin cancer
- Improves air conditioning efficiency
- Holds broken glass together in a car accident reducing the risk of injury to occupants
- Prevents interior fading that is otherwise caused by the sun improving longevity of your seat covers and the car’s resale value
Choosing quality window tinting
Not all window tinting is created equal. Cheap window tinting may not offer sufficient UV protection or may not be scratch resistant.
At Vip Car Care we use high performance tinting film with a VLT (Visible Light Transmittion) of 35%. This means that our window tinting rejects 99% of UV, blocks over 50% of heat, and reduces glare by over 65%.
Complying with the Australia window tinting regulations
There are strict regulations for window tinting across Australia. VIP Car Care have the knowledge in ensuring that all tinting services comply with Australian law.
The following standards are applied to all vehicles registered in the ACT and are consistent with nationally accepted standards:
- Tinting or tinted film must not be reflective or mirror like.
- The windscreen must have a light transmission level of at least 70%. Windscreen glazing of a motor vehicle must not be coated in a way that reduces its luminous transmittance
- Windows adjacent to the diver’s seating position and the driver’s door must have a visible light transmission level of at least 35%.
- Rearward of the diver’s seating position must have a visible light transmission level of at least 20%.
- The light transmission requirements do not apply to a tinted or opaque band at the top of the windscreen providing it is above the portion of the windscreen swept by the wipers or its depth is no more than 10% of the depth of the windscreen.
There is no limit for windows to the rear of the driver if the vehicle is a light truck or commercial, or other goods carrying vehicles and buses.
Please Note: All vehicle windows that have glass that meets the Australian Design Rules (ADRs) and has dark glass (also known as or called privacy glass) fitted cannot have any window film applied to it. All glazing that includes applied film is required to meet the 35 % LT rule.
Of course, you do not need to worry about the above if you have us tint your windows. We will ensure all tinting is fully compliant.
If you are ready to get high quality window tinting done by an experienced installer, then contact VIP Car Tinting for more info. We also offer detailing services if you are looking to give your care that fresh new look. Get in touch today for services in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and across Australia.